Great Places to Eat When You Are Solo in New York City
New York is the city that never sleeps which means there is always something going on and there are always places to go. However, if you are on your own in the big city it may feel a little bit intimidating to go out to eat alone. Here are five places recommended by real New Yorkers who promise you will enjoy the food and have a good time too.
- BG Bergdorf – Located at 754 5th Avenue, it has a nice feminine touch, with breathtaking views, amazing food and perfect for people watching
- The Spotted Pig – Located at 314 West 11th Street, unfortunately the wait is usually long but apparently the burgers and atmosphere are worth the wait.
- Pete’s Tavern – Located at 129 E 18th Street, this is more of a neighborhood joint so you may want to do lunch instead of dinner here and they have great beer
- Eataly – Located at 200 5th Avenue, this is not a restaurant but a food market where you can get good food and drinks. If you’re good going solo this is the place to be.
- John Dory Oyster Bar – Located at 1196 Broadway, has incredibly good food, two aquarium globes above the bar one holding fish from the Atlantic and the other from the Pacific oceans. Beware, though because there will be a wait for a table.